Sliding Door Threshold Ramp Product Description
- 3-part kit that allows wheelchairs or other mobility devices to safely pass through the sliding glass door threshold. It will appear as three items in your shopping cart.
- The crossover bridge can be folded up and out of the way so the sliding door can be closed while leaving the threshold ramp in place.
- 4 simple measurements are required to ensure a perfect fit
Note: Because each ramp is custom-made to your specifications, the Sliding Door Threshold Ramp has a current lead time of 10 business days. After your ramp has been fabricated, you will receive an email with a tracking number confirming your ramp has shipped.
HandiRamp’s Sliding Door Threshold Ramp is a unified, expertly designed accessibility solution for sliding doors. While aesthetically pleasing in design, sliding glass doors present a substantial obstacle for loved ones who use wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, or other mobility devices. In addition, wheelchairs and scooters can damage the center track of a sliding glass door by bending or distorting the channel in which the door travels.
Before the HandiRamp Sliding Door Threshold Ramp, the only solution was to purchase two separate threshold ramps – one for the inside of the home and the other for the outside of the sliding glass door. This not only made finding the right interior and exterior threshold ramp cumbersome, but it also left the center u-channel or rail unprotected. HandiRamp solved all of these problems by creating an infinitely variable combination of matched interior and exterior threshold ramps AND a protective crossover bridge that completely covers the sliding door channel, providing full protection when the ramp is in use. The kit allows for full customization, meaning you choose the specifications for each of the parts (the indoor ramp, the outdoor ramp, and the crossover bridge) in order to create the threshold ramp that will flawlessly function with your sliding glass door.
The HandiRamp Sliding Door Threshold Ramp has a 750 lb capacity and creates a smooth, continuous platform over the tracks. The surface of the aluminum ramp features HandiRamp’s patented non-slip raised buttons that ensure superior traction and safety, which is especially important when the outdoor section may be wet from a rainstorm.
The Sliding Door Threshold Ramp rests on the floor and/or deck on each side of the door’s track, meaning it does not have to be assembled and moved every time it is needed. The hinged crossover bridge acts as a sturdy platform that can be folded down for smooth passage through the threshold or folded up and out of the way in order for the sliding doors to fully close without having to remove the ramp.
Note: While HandiRamp’s Sliding Door Threshold Ramp is designed to make sliding doors more accessible, it does not meet all ADA standards. If you are purchasing a sliding door threshold ramp for commercial property and require the ramp to be ADA-compliant, please call us at (800) 876-7267 to order.
- Designed specifically for sliding doors with simple installation
- The ramp can remain in place while also allowing the sliding door to open and close
- Exclusive crossover bridge that protects the sliding door u-channel and raised center rail from wheelchair and scooter damage
- Constructed of durable aluminum with a patented raised-button traction surface
- 750 lb weight capacity
- Made in the USA
- Each ramp kit is custom-made. Unfinished aluminum, black and brown ramps have a lead time of 5-10 business days.
How to Choose the Size of Your Sliding Door Threshold Ramp
HandiRamp’s Sliding Door Threshold Ramp consists of three major parts. In order to purchase the threshold ramp that meets your sliding door’s unique specifications, it is essential that the pieces correspond to the measurements of your sliding door’s thresholds on both the interior and exterior of the home.
Part One: Threshold Ramp Outdoor Section
- This part sits on the outdoor side of your sliding door and measures 30 inches wide. The crossover bridge is connected to this ramp with a hinge.
- The length of the threshold ramp varies based on its rise to ensure it has a gentle, usable slope. The length measurements are listed in the “Specifications” tab on this page.
- The threshold ramp is available in 9 rises from 1 inch to 9 inches. To ensure that the threshold ramp functions properly, measure the rise of the outdoor threshold from the ground. Also, measure the rise of the sliding door tracks from the ground. The rise of the threshold ramp should clear both the threshold rise and the sliding door tracks rise.
Part Two: Threshold Ramp Indoor Section with Lip
- This part sits on the indoor side of your sliding door and measures 30 inches wide. The crossover bridge rests on the lip of this ramp when deployed for passage.
- The length of the threshold ramp with lip varies based on its rise to ensure it has a gentle, usable slope. The length measurements are listed in the “Specifications” tab on this page.
- The threshold ramp with lip is available in 9 rises from 1 inch to 9 inches. To ensure that the threshold ramp functions properly, measure the rise of the indoor threshold from the ground. Also, measure the rise of the sliding door tracks from the ground. The rise of the threshold ramp with lip should clear both the threshold rise and the sliding door tracks rise. NOTE: These measurements are often different from the outdoor ramp measurements because the threshold rise is usually lower indoors.
Part Three: Crossover Bridge
- The crossover bridge is the hinged surface that is attached to the threshold ramp and sits on the lip of the indoor threshold ramp when in use. This piece sits between the opening of your sliding door and hovers over the sliding door tracks.
- Since sliding doors open at different widths, the crossover bridge is available in 4 widths: 23”, 25”, 27”, and 29”.
- When deciding how wide you need the crossover bridge to be, open your sliding glass door and measure how wide it will open. It is essential that the crossover bridge fits within this opening. It is also important to measure the width of the mobility device(s) that will be used on the threshold ramp to ensure your loved ones will have enough clearance to enter.
- To decide how long the crossover bridge should be (length from each ramp over the door threshold), measure the length between each edge of the door’s threshold.
Don’t see the specifications listed that you need for your sliding door threshold ramp? We manufacture ramps with custom sizing. Give our ramp experts a call at (800) 876-7267 to get started.